Vascular Specialist in New York City
Joseph Shams, MD, has a long and distinguished career as an interventional radiologist and vascular specialist. Dr. Shams received his medical degree from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn and completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at Beth Israel Medical Center. After finishing his residency program, he completed a fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at Yale University School of Medicine. For four years, he served as Director of Advanced Vascular Care, located in Manhattan, and as Section Chief and Fellowship Director at Mt. Sinai-Beth Israel Medical Center’s Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Shams’ technical skill, dedication to patients, and history of innovation have earned him a spot on the Castle Connolly Top Doctors List for the New York Metropolitan area for an impressive five consecutive years. He is a widely respected and published authority on Interventional Radiology, with papers appearing in various medical journals. Currently, Dr. Shams performs minimally invasive endovascular procedures to treat peripheral artery disease (PAD) at two of American Endovascular’s affiliated vascular centers in New York. Contact Brooklyn Endovascular or Harlem Endovascular to request an appointment with Dr. Shams for expert endovascular care today.
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Interventional Radiology & Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Yale University School of Medicine
Beth Israel Medical Center
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology
Awards & Publications
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area (digital guide): 2021, 2022
- New York Magazine: Top Doctors: 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
Dr. Shams’ Blogs & Videos
Learn more about vascular health, prevention, and care for Peripheral Artery Disease.