- November 12, 2020
- Posted by: cmcdonald
- Categories: PAD Video, Video Library
Q: What are the Risk Factors of CLI?
A: CLI is really a manifestation of PAD – Peripheral Arterial Disease. They have similar risk factors including hereditary risk factors, lifestyle risk factors such as smoking and poor diet, high blood pressure, and hypercholesterolemia. Diabetes is a very specific and strong risk factor for the development of PAD and more specifically, CLI.
More videos from the interview with Dr. Herman of the NJ Endovascular and Amputation Center as he explains the symptoms and risk factors of Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI):
- What is Critical Limb Ischemia?
- What are the Symptoms of Critical Limb Ischemia?
- Can Changing Certain Lifestyle Factors Help Reverse CLI?
- How can the physicians at American Endovascular help treat CLI?