Vascular Specialist in Brooklyn, NY
Michael Shapiro, MD, is a board-certified vascular surgeon in Brooklyn, NY, and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Shapiro received his medical degree from Georgetown University of Medicine and completed his internship in General Surgery at Yale University. He distinguished himself academically by getting published in several peer-reviewed journals at the Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, where he completed a residency program in vascular and endovascular surgery. Previously, Dr. Shapiro was named interim chief of vascular surgery at New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. He is currently the medical director for Brooklyn Endovascular and is a faculty member at Weill Cornell Medical College, where he teaches surgery to medical students and residents.
Dr. Shapiro has clinical expertise in endovascular and surgical therapies for the treatment and management of peripheral artery disease (PAD). He specializes in advanced minimally invasive vascular and endovascular procedures with experience in limb salvage and vascular access for dialysis. He provides patients with PAD compassionate, patient-centered care at Brooklyn Endovascular. Leveraging his years of experience and training, Dr. Shapiro helps you feel at home while you get back on your feet. Contact Brooklyn Endovascular to request an appointment with Dr. Shapiro today!
- American Board of Surgery
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
The Lenox Hill Heart & Vascular Institute
Georgetown University School of Medicine
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS)
- American Venous Forum (AVF)
Awards & Publications
- Shapiro M, Sticco A, Aggarwal A, Pratt A, Rissuci D, D'Ayala M. A comparison of open and endovascular treatment strategies for the management of splenic artery aneurysms. Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery. Miami, FL May 2015
- Pillai J, Sadek, M, Shapiro M, Carroccio A, Plestis C. Somatosensory Evoked Potential Guided Intercostal Artery Reimplantation in Thoracoabdominal Aortic aneurysm Surgery, SVS. San Francisco, California, June 2013
- Nassiri N, Shapiro M, Reznikat R, Mina B, Rosen R. Palliative pulmonary artery stenting in small cell carcinoma of the lung. ISET, Miami Beach, Florida, January 2012.
- Shapiro M, Nassiri N, Carroccio A, Pamoukian V. Traumatic Superficial Temporal Artery Pseudoaneurysms: Two Cases and a Review of Current Literature, ISVS, Miami, Florida, January 2012