Dr Herman Second Look Amputation Prevention Case
Dr. Kevin Herman helps a 95-year-old patient with a non-healing, painful heel ulcer on the foot to help prevent amputation.
Patient History and Consultation
- 95 year-old female with recent onset of painful left heel ulcer. Non ambulatory. AAOx3. Conversant. Wheelchair dependent, able to transfer.
- Past Medical History
Patient Plan and Treatment
- Blood Work
- Arterial Imaging (at facility)
- Family Discussion
- Arterial Imaging Same Day for Planning
- IV Abx – Meropenem, broad spectrum antibiotic
- Cont. current medical mgmt.
Same Day Arterial Imaging
Rationale for Second Look
Second Look Intervention
Angio @ Second Look
Before and After Images 2 week progression
Related Blogs & Videos
Learn more about vascular health, prevention, and care for Peripheral Artery Disease.